A healthy, quick breakfast or snack loaded with fiber
- muffin tins
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 2 cups einkorn or spelt bran
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 tsp. salt
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 cups einkorn or spelt flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk or sour milk
- Mix together oil, water and bran in a large bowl. Leave stand for a few minutes.
- Continue adding remainder of ingredients, alternating wet and dry, stirring as you add. Stir only enough to mix the ingredients together well.
- Grease muffin tins, and spoon in batter. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.