Tangy Bean Salad
- Tangy Bean Salad:
- 1# Zebra or Painted Lady beans, cooked, drained and cooled
- 1/4 cup each olive oil, cider vinegar, and ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. each chili powder, cumin, and salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 2 bell peppers, diced (assorted colors)
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 can whole kernel corn (or use frozen)
- 1 cup of crushed corn or tortilla chips
- When cooking beans, cook just until tender, but not falling apart.
- While the beans are cooking, make dressing by combining all dressing ingredients except for the mustard in a small non- aluminum saucepan. Bring to boil, turn to low heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in mustard, whisking until smooth. Refrigerate dressing.
- While the beans and dressing are cooking chop vegetables. Combine peppers, onion, corn and cooled beans in large bowl. Refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, add half the crumbled chips and the dressing to the salad and stir well. Sprinkle remaining chips overtop.
Copyright Shady Side Farm 2016