This salad has the perfect mix of sweet and spice. Serve with tortilla chips as a fresh salsa, or enjoy it as a simple side dish!
Tangy Bean Salad
- 1# Zebra or Painted Lady beans, cooked, drained and cooled
- 1/4 cup each olive oil, cider vinegar, and ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. each chili powder, cumin, and salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 2 bell peppers, diced (assorted colors)
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 can whole kernel corn (or use frozen)
- 1 cup of crushed corn or tortilla chips
When cooking beans, cook just until tender, but not falling apart.
While the beans are cooking, make dressing by combining all dressing ingredients except for the mustard in a small non- aluminum saucepan. Bring to boil, turn to low heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in mustard, whisking until smooth. Refrigerate dressing.
While the beans and dressing are cooking chop vegetables. Combine peppers, onion, corn and cooled beans in large bowl. Refrigerate until serving.
Just before serving, add half the crumbled chips and the dressing to the salad and stir well. Sprinkle remaining chips overtop.