Asian Red Bean Salad
- 1/2 lb. Amethyst or Painted Lady or Spanish Tolosana beans, cooked
- 2 oz. soy sauce
- 2 oz rice vinegar
- 3-4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 oz. sesame seeds, toasted
- salt, to taste
- Follow soaking and cooking instructions for beans.
- While beans are cooking, clean and slice scallions.
- Toast sesame seeds in a skillet or frying pan with no oil. Cook on medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes, or until they turn brown and occasionally pop.
- Mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, sliced scallions and sesame seeds together in a bowl.
- Drain cooked beans, and mix into bowl with other ingredients. Salt to taste. Serve cooled.